One household item that you should always have at home is baking soda. This incredible ingredient is more than just for cooking or baking, and we have 11 uses to prove that.
1. Exfoliant. Remove the dead skin cells of your skin with three parts baking soda and water. Rub it in a circular motion and rinse your face thoroughly.
2. Antacid. Got an upset stomach or indigestion? What you need to drink is half baking soda and half water. It should work within a couple of hours.
3. Insect bite remedy. Those itchy insect bites can be very irritating. Apply a mix of baking soda and water to alleviate the redness and discomfort.
4. Shampoo. If you forgot to buy shampoo from the grocery store, there’s a quick solution you can create at home. Add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to baking soda and you already have a good alternative.
5. Deodorant. Stay away from body odor with just a few amounts of baking soda under your arms.
6. Mouthwash. A cheap yet effective way to battle bad breath is with a small glass of water with baking soda. Swish it inside your mouth and you will feel fresh and clean.
7. Teeth whitener. A lot of people attest to the power of baking soda to whiten teeth and freshen your breath. There’s no harm in trying to get that pearly white result.
8. Rash cure. Dip your baby into a bathwater with 2 tablespoons of baking soda. This will cure even the worst diaper rash.
9. Sink declogger. Is your sink creating a problem in the kitchen? Unclog it with a cup of vinegar and baking soda. Let it stay for a while and watch the water disappear.
10. Silverware polish. A natural way to polish silverware or silver jewellery is with a paste made from baking soda and water. Gently rub it on the items and leave it overnight. Rinse them thoroughly the next day.
11. Wall scrub. Did the kids play with crayons and draw on the wall? Don’t worry. Remove the stains by damping a clean cloth with water and use baking soda as a scrub.